R.E

image

St. Rose Venerini

FEAST DAY:May 7
BIRTH:1656
DEATH:1728
BEATIFIED:May 4,1952
CANONISED:June 3,2007 by Pope Benedict XVI

INFO
St. Rose Venerini was born at Viterbo, Italy in 1656. Rose used to gather women of the town Viterbo, to say the rosary in the afternoon. In 1685 Rose opened her first preschool for girls in Viterbo, it soon became a success. She would teach the young girls how to read, write and about the catholic faith. She would also teach other people how to teach in the catholic faith. She traveled to various places and organised schools and learning facilities. She had a foundation in Rome that received the praise of Pope Clement XI. Rose was not daunted by any difficulty when the service of God was in question. In Rome she died on May 7, 1728. Her reputation of holiness was confirmed by miracle and in 1952 she was beatified.

WHY I CHOSE ST ROSE VENERINI
I chose St. Rose because she is a strong believer in the Catholic Faith and she organised various schools and foundations. I aspire to be someone who help people out in need as well.

MIRACLE
one of St. Roses miracles were performed in Ebolowa, Cameroon. A boy who had leprosy was in hospital, every night he would pray to St. Rose anne one day without any medical cure, he survived the disease. She had shown her love for children like always.